A soft, beautiful cookie. Perfect for a special springtime treat!
Make and share this Lavender Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons fresh lavender flowers (about 16 stems with flowers pulled off)
- 1⁄4 cup coarse sugar (colored is nice!)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lavender flowers
- Cream the sugar, butter, powdered sugar and canola oil.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the baking soda, cream of tartar, flour and lavender flowers.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients a cup at a time.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Drop 1 or 2 inch balls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven.
- Immediately after taking out, sprinkle sugar and lavendar flowers on top of each cookie.