photo by Diana 2
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375 F (191 C).
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and lavender and mix well.
- Combine the flour and baking powder and add to the lavender mixture. Stir until well blended.
- Drop by teaspoons onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake eight to ten minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a minute or two before removing them. Enjoy alone or with vanilla ice cream or tea.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delightful, and dainty. Of course what else would you expect for a lavender cookie. This certainly isn't something you'd pack away in school lunches, but for tea with the ladies, or a bridal shower... you can't go wrong. The taste of the lavender is very subtle, but there, and quite pleasant. I did end up with 44 cookies, so I'm wondering if the directions should have stated tablespoon full instead of teaspoons. Not that it mattered. I like the teaspoon size. These should be small, in order to be dainty. It wasn't until after I'd put the camera away I thought they might look nicer dusted with icing sugar. But then you wouldn't see the lavender. Thanks chocolatecup for a lovely recipe. So fitting for special occasions. I think I'll have them with tea before bed. :) Made for Spring PAC 2009