1/2 Photos of Lasagna Roll-Ups With Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
Miss Erin's Note:
This is from Rachael Ray. It is really quick and easy. The cream sauce is to-die for! I had roasted asparagus as the side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 cremini mushrooms, caps cleaned with a damp towel and finely chopped in food processor
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (2 turns around the pan)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or 1/4 teaspoon the equivalent of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 8 curly edge lasagna noodles, cooked to al dente (12 to 14 minutes)
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 8 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (3 turns around the pan)
- 1 -1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1In a medium skillet over moderate heat, saute mushrooms, chopped onions, and garlic in oil until mushrooms give off their juices and darken and onions are tender, about 7 or 8 minutes.
- 2Season with salt and pepper; the salt will help draw water out of the vegetables as they cook.
- 3Add dry chopped spinach to the pan and heat through for 1 minute.
- 4Adjust seasonings with salt, pepper, and a little nutmeg.
- 5Add ricotta and stir into mixture to heat cheese through, 1 minute longer.
- 6Remove pan from heat but leave in the warm skillet.
- 7Heat broth in a small pan over moderate heat.
- 8Melt Gorgonzola into broth and bring liquid to a bubble.
- 9Stir in cream and thicken sauce 2 minutes.
- 10Place cooked lasagna noodles on a large work surface or cutting board.
- 11Spread lasagna noodles with a layer of spinach-mushroom filling.
- 12Roll up pasta and arrange the 8 bundles in a shallow casserole dish.
- 13Pour warm sauce over roll-ups and top with mozzarella.
- 14Place casserole under broiler to melt cheese.
- 15Serve with steamed asparagus and broiled tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna Roll-Ups With Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 831.2
- Calories from Fat 462
- Total Fat 51.4 g
- Saturated Fat 28.5 g
- Cholesterol 143.5 mg
- Sodium 1313.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 43.5 g