Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from Rachael Ray. It is really quick and easy. The cream sauce is to-die for! I had roasted asparagus as the side dish.
- 16 cremini mushrooms, caps cleaned with a damp towel and finely chopped in food processor
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (2 turns around the pan)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or 1⁄4 teaspoon the equivalent of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 8 curly edge lasagna noodles, cooked to al dente (12 to 14 minutes)
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 8 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (3 turns around the pan)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a medium skillet over moderate heat, saute mushrooms, chopped onions, and garlic in oil until mushrooms give off their juices and darken and onions are tender, about 7 or 8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper; the salt will help draw water out of the vegetables as they cook.
- Add dry chopped spinach to the pan and heat through for 1 minute.
- Adjust seasonings with salt, pepper, and a little nutmeg.
- Add ricotta and stir into mixture to heat cheese through, 1 minute longer.
- Remove pan from heat but leave in the warm skillet.
- Heat broth in a small pan over moderate heat.
- Melt Gorgonzola into broth and bring liquid to a bubble.
- Stir in cream and thicken sauce 2 minutes.
- Place cooked lasagna noodles on a large work surface or cutting board.
- Spread lasagna noodles with a layer of spinach-mushroom filling.
- Roll up pasta and arrange the 8 bundles in a shallow casserole dish.
- Pour warm sauce over roll-ups and top with mozzarella.
- Place casserole under broiler to melt cheese.
- Serve with steamed asparagus and broiled tomatoes.
Love this recipe. It is not the quickest meal to make but it is easy and delicious. I served it with a parmesan sauce. I had some filling left over and put it in a bowl and put some crackers around the bowl and it made a good dip. This works well at parties also. I made the traditional red sauce lasagna and it went fast but everyone that liked mushrooms and spinach was talking about this dish. I did save the left ove juices from the spinach and mushrooms jush in case the filling was too dry. Great dish. Thanks. CC