Recipe by Sweet**Fuzion
This was a recipe we came across when trying to find a superb seafood soup for a family owned restaurant. It is wonderful...Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (17 ounce) can corn (drained)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups whipping cream (1 pint)
- 18 ounces fancy crabmeat (3 cans)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in soup pan on medium.
- Saute onion and garlic about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir until blended about 3-4 minutes, stirring all the while.
- Stir in clam juice and chicken broth, bring to boil, add corn, thyme, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper-reduce heat and let simmer 25 minutes-cook uncovered.
- Stir in cream-cook 10 minutes- add crab and green onions-cook for 5 more minutes and serve hot.