Recipe by Mirj
Although the recipe calls for silver foil lined cookie sheets I like to use parchment paper.
Top Review by Grits (Girl Raised In The South)
I made these to go with homemade strawberry ice cream for a Mother's Day celebration. They were delicious! So light and crisp. Everyone raved about them. Next time I may add some finely chopped pecans as someone else suggested. Or maybe some cinnamon. They didn't last long and I have been asked to make them again. Be sure to line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oats, sugar, flour, and salt; mix well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by 1/2 teaspoonfuls 3 inches apart onto aluminum foil-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are brown.
- Cool completely before removing.