Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Cinnamon is one of the intriguing and delightful ingredients in this Greek dish.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 30 ounces Italian plum tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons dried Greek oregano
- 2 inches cinnamon sticks
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 5 ounces feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a saute pan, gently cook the garlic and onion in half of the olive oil until soft. Add the tomatoes, herbs, spice and seasonings. Cover pan and simmer 5 minutes.
- Cut up the cauliflower into florets and stir into the tomato sauce mixture. Cover pan and cook another 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into a shallow, ovenproof dish, and drizzle with the remaining olive oil and the lemon juice.
- Grate the feta cheese on the top and garnish with black pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes.
I want to make this again before I rate it. I think I undercooked it, but it was good as leftovers!
I made as directed and DH and I really loved this dish, as we like cauliflower anyway and are always looking for a way to dress it up nice! This dish also puts out a very appetizing aroma throughout the house! Thanks, Cookgirl! Made for the Unrulies Under the Influence for ZWT6.
This was very good for cauliflower and vegetarian. I'm not sure what Greek oregano is so I used regular oregano in half the amount. I left out the bay leaf out of dislike. I served this with Recipe #108262 without the hot pepper and Balkan (thick) plain yogurt which went well.