Whole Baked Cauliflower With Tomato and Olive Sauce
photo by Irmgard
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 large cauliflower head, outer green leaves discarded and stalk chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 4 anchovies packed in oil, drained and sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped and stems finely chopped
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Heat the oil in a pot large enough to hold an entire head of cauliflower, leaving an inch around it.
- Add the onion, garlic, and chopped cauliflower stalk and slowly fry for 10 minutes until softened and with a little colour.
- Add the olives, anchovies (if using) and parsley stalks and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes along with a cup of water and the vinegar.
- Stir everything together and bring to a boil.
- Take the cauliflower and gently push it down into the sauce. The cauliflower should be partially submerged.
- Drizzle with a bit more olive oil, cover and let cook over low heat for 50 minutes.
- Garnish with the parsley leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>