Recipe by Magic Mushroom
Found this on Blog by Kokopelli's Kitchen. Heaven for Southwest Food Freaks!
Top Review by Chef*Lee
This is a really great bean dish!!!! The beautiful anasazi beans sort of turned pink so I wish I had taken their picture before I cooked them but that's o.k., I'll buy more!! The flavor was very unique and delicious with these spices and the sun-dried tomatoes and chiles!! I used sun-dried tomatoes in flavored oil that I set out on a paper towel before adding to the beans. Will definitely make this dish again, thanks for posting!!!
- 473.18 ml dried anasazi beans
- 29.58 ml oil (olive or canola)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (or 4 T. dried)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or 1 t. powder )
- 113.39 g canchopped green chili peppers, chopped (or 1 med. fresh)
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 29.58 ml sun-dried tomatoes
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse & sort beans.
- Cover with water & soak overnight; OR bring to a boil for 5 minutes, remove from heat, cover & let rest for 1 hour.
- Drain, rinse & cover beans with water. Bring to a boil, cover & simmer approximately 1-1/2 hours or until nearly tender.
- In a skillet, saute onion & garlic in oil until transparent. Add this mixture & all remaining ingredients to beans.
- Simmer uncovered for 1 hour, until tender, stirring occasionally.
- May be necessary to add water during last hour of cooking so keep a watchful eye.