1/1 Photo of Kokopelli Anasazi Beans With Sun Dried Tomatoes
Magic Mushroom's Note:
Found this on Blog by Kokopelli's Kitchen. Heaven for Southwest Food Freaks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups dried anasazi beans
- 2 tablespoons oil (olive or canola)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (or 4 T. dried)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or 1 t. powder )
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chili peppers, chopped (or 1 med. fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- 1Rinse & sort beans.
- 2Cover with water & soak overnight; OR bring to a boil for 5 minutes, remove from heat, cover & let rest for 1 hour.
- 3Drain, rinse & cover beans with water. Bring to a boil, cover & simmer approximately 1-1/2 hours or until nearly tender.
- 4In a skillet, saute onion & garlic in oil until transparent. Add this mixture & all remaining ingredients to beans.
- 5Simmer uncovered for 1 hour, until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 6May be necessary to add water during last hour of cooking so keep a watchful eye.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kokopelli Anasazi Beans With Sun Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.1
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: