Found this on Blog by Kokopelli's Kitchen. Heaven for Southwest Food Freaks!
Make and share this Kokopelli Anasazi Beans With Sun Dried Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups dried anasazi beans
- 2 tablespoons oil (olive or canola)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (or 4 T. dried)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or 1 t. powder )
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chili peppers, chopped (or 1 med. fresh)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- Rinse & sort beans.
- Cover with water & soak overnight; OR bring to a boil for 5 minutes, remove from heat, cover & let rest for 1 hour.
- Drain, rinse & cover beans with water. Bring to a boil, cover & simmer approximately 1-1/2 hours or until nearly tender.
- In a skillet, saute onion & garlic in oil until transparent. Add this mixture & all remaining ingredients to beans.
- Simmer uncovered for 1 hour, until tender, stirring occasionally.
- May be necessary to add water during last hour of cooking so keep a watchful eye.