1/2 Photos of Kittencal's Overnight Layered Caramel French Toast
24 hrs 45 mins
This makes the most ultimate weekend brunch, I have even made it for dinner my family, I prepare it early in morning and bake in the evening, I just use the whole loaf of French bread for this --- plan ahead this needs to stay in the fridge overnight... you will love this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 2In a small saucepan combine the corn syrup, butter and brown sugar; simmer stirring until syrupy.
- 3Pour the mixture over the bottom of a buttered baking pan.
- 4Lay 6 slices of bread over the brown sugar mixture.
- 5In a bowl whisk together the eggs with half and half cream or milk, vanilla and salt.
- 6Pour half of the egg mixture over the bread slices in the pan.
- 7Then layer the remaining 6 slices on top.
- 8Pour the remaining egg/milk mixture over the top (make sure that all the bread is covered with the mixture).
- 9Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 10The next day remove from the fridge.
- 11Set the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 12Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Overnight Layered Caramel French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 814.8
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 249.0 mg
- Sodium 994.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 40.9 g
- Protein 23.3 g