This makes the most ultimate weekend brunch, I have even made it for dinner my family, I prepare it early in morning and bake in the evening, I just use the whole loaf of French bread for this --- plan ahead this needs to stay in the fridge overnight... you will love this!
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a small saucepan combine the corn syrup, butter and brown sugar; simmer stirring until syrupy.
- Pour the mixture over the bottom of a buttered baking pan.
- Lay 6 slices of bread over the brown sugar mixture.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs with half and half cream or milk, vanilla and salt.
- Pour half of the egg mixture over the bread slices in the pan.
- Then layer the remaining 6 slices on top.
- Pour the remaining egg/milk mixture over the top (make sure that all the bread is covered with the mixture).
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day remove from the fridge.
- Set the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.