Recipe by Sharlene~W
This is one of my children's favorite meals. It has protein, vegetable and starch so I'm happy too. Easy to prepare and can be frozen for make-ahead cooking.
Top Review by Barefoot Beachcomber
Kid's Fav is right! It's great and a classic, never met a kid yet who didn't like it. When my kids were kids we made this and called it Hamburger Surprise 'cause the veggie was whatever was handy. Now they are having this for supper with their kids; so good things last forever. Thanks for the memories!
- 680.38 g lean ground beef
- 354.88 ml chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 304.75 g can tomato soup
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14-118.29 ml chili sauce
- 453.59 g can green beans, drained
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml mashed potatoes (use leftovers or instant)
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onions, drain off excess fat.
- Add in remaining ingredients except potatoes and cheese.
- Mix thoroughly and pour into 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Spread mashed potatoes on top of meat mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and cook for another 15 minutes.
- To make and freeze: Freeze with cheese attached in separate bag.
- When thawed, bake as instructed above.