King Ranch Casserole
photo by Karen Elizabeth
- Ready In:
- 1 (20 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, family size version (can't figure out ounces so ignore the 20oz, make sure to get family size)
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 rotisserie chicken, deboned and shredded
- corn tortilla
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- Slice mushroom and onions and saute with butter until onions are clear and mushrooms are begin to get soft. Add garlic and saute for 1 extra minute.
- Drain Rotel tomatoes and chilies and add into saute with 1 tsp chili powder.
- Stir in cream of chicken soup and rotisserie chicken and heat through. Line 13x9 inch casserole dish with corn tortillas. Pour half of the filling over and top with another layer of tortillas. Finish with the rest of the filling and cheeses.
- Cook at 350 for 20-30 minutes until bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I knew going into this that my husband isn't a fan of casseroles, etc..... , but sometimes I just can't resist. I had never tried a King Ranch Casserole and decided this was the time. I really liked it. It's definitely comfort food. I love the corn tortilla flavor and texture alongside the creamy chicken mixture. Thank you! Made for CQ 2 - Tex-Mex
I made this a few days ago and it was so easy! I had never eaten this before and really enjoyed it. Definitely will be a good winter food also. I changed a few things to the recipe for personal preference. Such as, omitting the mushrooms, adding corn & ranch style beans, adding a pinch of taco seasoning & cayenne pepper, and replacing corn with flour tortillas. We totally loved it! Thanks for the recipe.