Recipe by Satyne
Taken from Margeret Fulton's book of Indian Cooking. Cooking time is estimated.
Top Review by ~Leslie~
We loved this dish, it was not something I had tried before but even my picky daughter enjoyed it. I served it with home made Chapati and we had a feast for dinner. Very easy to make and a great blend of flavours. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT 8 :)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 1⁄2 cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 500 g minced beef
- 250 g potatoes, quartered
- 500 g peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a lidded fying pan, add the onions and cook until sof.
- Add the spices and fry for 5 minutes over low heat; add 1 tablespoon water if the mixture starts to burn.
- Stir in the meaned beef and cook over high heat until very well browned.
- Lower the heat and add the potatos and salt to taste. Cover and cook gently for 5 minutes, then add the peas.
- Continue cooking until the potatoes and peas are tender.