photo by JackieOhNo!
- Ready In:
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 2 chilies (red, sliced or to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 750 g lean ground beef (lean ground beef)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (mild)
- 2 tablespoons curry paste (mild)
- 1 cup tomatoes, sugo (or 2 ripe tomatoes chopped)
- 1 cup stock (or water)
- freshly ground salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- steamed rice (to serve)
- coriander sprig (cilantro sprigs to serve)
- Place the onion, ginger, garlic, chillies and oil into a hot heavy based pan and cook over a moderate heat until the onion is cooked but not coloured.
- Turn the heat to high and add the mince and over about 5 minutes break up the clumps and cook until the meat has taken on some colour (You don't want to do this too fast or you will drop the temperature of the pan the meat will stew).
- Add the tomato sugo (or chopped tomatoes) and stock and season well.
- Drop the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the liquid has reduced to a sauce consistency and then add the peas and cook for 3 minutes longer.
- Serve with steamed rice and garnish with coriander sprigs/cilantro sprigs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was fantastic, and so easy to put together. I made this exactly as posted, using beef and fresh chopped tomatoes from the garden. I used a green curry paste, which had some heat, but was not overwhelming. I also did not have red chilies, but had some hot long green chilies instead. I love all kinds of curries, and this one did not disappoint! I will definitely make this again. Made for Holiday Tag Game.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.