Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 300 g chuck steaks
- 300 g pork shoulder
- 300 g stewing lamb or 300 g mutton
- 2 -3 onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 8 allspice
- Cut the meat into cubes (4x4 cm).
- There is no need to remove small bones.
- Put the meat and coarsely chopped onion in layers in a casserole, seasoning each layer with salt and allspice.
- Add enough water to almost cover the meat.
- Bake without a cover at a moderate temperature, c.
- 175 °C, for 2 1/2-3 hours.
- Cover the casserole towards the end of the cooking time.
- Serve with mashed potato, boiled swedes and lingonberry purée.
Great stew. I did brown the meat first. Even picky DH loved it. It also makes great leftovers!