This is a festive salad with crunch and vibrant flavor. (hee-cah-mah) a member of the morning glory family that comes from Mexico and South America. A cousin of the sweet potato
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil or 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar or 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
- 1 jicama, cut in matchsticks about 3 cups (medium-size jicamas with smooth, unblemished skin)
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups bell peppers (red, green, yellow, and orange)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons basil, minced
- 2 tablespoons mint, minced
- Whisk dressing in a large bowl.
- Add the salad ingredients mixing to combine all. season to taste.
- Chill for a couple hours to over night for flavors to meld.