Thai Cabbage Slaw
Great for bento or brown bag lunch.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (or more to taste)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 7 1⁄2 cups shredded cabbage (1 bag coleslaw mix)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, rice vinegar, soy sauce, peanut butter, water, chili garlic sauce, and garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat with dressing.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very tasty salad, easy to make and with ingredients that are always in my fridge. Shredding the cabbage takes time, but I did a whole head of cabbage in one go and so was able to whip up a second batch in no time the next day. Will be making again all the time. Note, BF hates peanut butter so I scaled it down a bit (even though I would have preferred the whole Tbsp.) and upped the cilantro.Reply
This is a great salad, but as written I found it too sharp tasting for me. Now when I make it, I change the dressing quite a bit -- reduce the soy sauce & rice vinegar to 1 T. each, cut the garlic-chili sauce in half, double the peanut butter, increase the water to 1/2 T, and add 1/2 T. sugar. The end result is a full-flavored salad with just a bit of zing. Thanks for a great recipe that I could tweak to suit my own taste!Reply
AIoha! I live in Honolulu and let me just say this recipe is super easy and Ono! I only let it set for 20 minutes in the fridge while I cooked up some homemade tempura (zuccini and cucumbers). Had a little extra cucumber so I gutted the seeds and added it to the slaw. Also added an extra tsp of sweet chili sauce. The Peanutbutter was the chunky kine. This recipe is so easy and is for sure one of my new "island" comfort food favs-right next to da mac salad. Make this one tonightReply
see 1 more