Crispy Black Bean Tacos With Feta & Cabbage Slaw
photo by sofie-a-toast
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1/3 cup parsley
- 4 corn tortillas (white or yellow ) or 4 wheat flour tortillas
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- bottled chipotle hot sauce or hot sauce
- Place beans and cumin in small bowl; partially mash. Mix 2 teaspoons olive oil and lime juice in medium bowl; add coleslaw, green onions, and cilantro and toss to coat. Season slaw to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat 3 teaspoons olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tortillas in single layer. Spoon 1/4 of bean mixture onto half of each tortilla; cook 1 minute. Fold tacos in half. Cook until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Fill tacos with feta and slaw. Pass hot sauce alongside.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was going to post this and found it already here. Got this recipe from the newspaper and tried it last night. This is fantastic! My husband was a little skeptical but ate them right up and said we should make them again. Great combination of flavors, easy to make, and very healthy. I did not change the recipe except to add a splash of lime juice to the beans and a pinch of sugar to the slaw. The only thing I will change next time is to make a double batch!