Barb's Baja Crispy Fish Tacos
photo by SharonChen
- Ready In:
- 6 crunchy breaded fish fillets (any brand)
- 2 cups coleslaw mix (with carrots & red cabbage)
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3 -4 tablespoons Lawry's baja chipotle sauce with lime juice (more or less to taste)
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (or multi-grain)
- Bake fish according to directions on package.
- Mix sour cream & Lawry marinade in a small bowl.
- Heat tortillas in microwave until warm.
- When fish is crispy, cut fish into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Place fish on tortilla top with sauce(we like lots of sauce) & cabbage; roll up & enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These fish tacos are delicious! I breaded 3 tilapia fillets with Italian style bread crumbs and dotted with butter, then baked the fish at 400F for 12 minutes. It wasn't crispy crispy, but it was good enough. I didn't find Lawry's Chipotle sauce at the grocery store. So a bottle of Lawry's Zesty Seafood sauce was picked up. I mixed the sauce with Chipotle hot sauce and the flavor was great with the fish tacos. Will make those again!
Simple, quick and delicious!!! Like the others, Lawry's Chipotle sauce was not at my grocer, however, there was some type of creamy chipotle sauce that worked perfectly. I only cooked up five pieces of fish at first ... those were gobbled up and I ended up cooking up the rest of the box!!! Great recipe for a last minute meal. Thank U Barb :)
Good! Lawry's Baja is not available here, so I used Melissa's Organic Baja Lime Marinade and added in a bit of the adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers which I'm guessing has a similar taste to what Barb posted. Used beer battered fish. Next time I'll stir the coleslaw into the sour cream mixture. Great easy fish tacos!