Baja Fried Fish Tacos With Spicy Cabbage Slaw
- Ready In:
- In a small bowl, mix salsa and mayonnaise; set aside.
- In a Dutch oven or deep skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until it reaches 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). While the oil heats up, whisk beer, flour and salt in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Using a fork, coat fish pieces in batter. Working in 2 batches, slide coated fish into hot oil. Fry until golden, about 4 minutes per batch. Lift out with a slotted spoon and drain briefly on paper towels; keep warm.
- In a dry hot skillet, warm corn tortillas individually for 1-2 minutes per side. Stack on top of each other and keep warm in the oven.
- To assemble, place 2 corn tortillas each on 4 individual plates.
- Put 1/2 cup of cabbage on each tortilla. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the salsa mixture over each one. Evenly distribute fish pieces over the salsa and cabbage. Serve with lime wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made for ZWT5 (Groovy Gastronomes). Photos will be posted in Cooking Photos Forum and this review will be edited to include a link to the photos. I can't belive I am the first to review this outstanding recipe. Neither I nor my SO were great fans of tacos ... but now that has changed. Fresh, homemade fish tacos, based on this recipe haved moved to the "top five" list. I've made this using both deep fried and grilled fish -- both are wonderful. I used the Recipe #126697 #126697, rather than a store bought salsa, to mix with the mayonnaise. The flavor and crunch it added were so different from a tomato-based salsa and really highlighted the delicate flavor and texture of the fish. Great recipe, thanks for posting.