Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I just came up with this one day when I felt like something comforting! You can use all vegetable broth but I am worried about my sodium intake.
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups brown rice, raw
- 1 1⁄2 cups peas
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Cook rice using vegetable broth and water.
- During last 2min of cooking stir in peas; set aside.
- Heat oil, in frypan, and cook chicken at medium-high heat until no longer pink; add celery slices and cook 2 minutes longer. Drain excess fat.
- Reduce heat and stir in rice, tabasco, tomato, and garlic powder.
- Stir gently and heat through.