Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Nice easy recipe but also tastes great. Originally from Just Crockpot Recipes (http://www.justcrockpotrecipes.com)
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped in 1 inch cubes
- 28 ounces vegetable broth or 28 ounces chicken broth
- 28 ounces undrained crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounces drained rinsed great northern beans
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked dry cheese-filled egg tortellini
- Combine all ingredients except tortellini in crockpot.
- Mix well.
- Cover& cook on low setting for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, increase heat to high setting.
- Add tortellini.
- Cook an additional 20 minutes or until tortellini are soft.
I have used this recipe also and the family loves it.
This was a nice, easy soup to assemble. I served with grilled cheese.
My mom owns a cafe/catering business; she's been asking for some new soup recipes and I passed this one along. It was a hit with the customers. They did not prepare this via crockpot but prepared it stovetop. Thanks for posting; it will be made and served at my mom's cafe again and again for her customers to enjoy!