Best Ever Crockpot Beef Stew
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
After a quick fry-up, just dump it all in the slow cooker and in 8 hours, dinner is served.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 45mins
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons beef demi-glace (Knorr)
- 4 red potatoes, washed diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled sliced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- Shake the beef stew meat in a brown paper bag or resealable plastic bag with the flour and seasoning salt until evenly coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the floured stew meat to the pan and brown on all sides. Remove using a slotted spoon or tongs & place into the bottom of a slow cooker. Season with pepper.
- Saute the diced onion for 2 minutes. Transfer the onions into the slow cooker as well.
- Pour in to the skillet the worcestershire sauce, water and beef demi glace and whisk until mixed, making sure you scrape up any browned bits in the bottom of the pan. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Add the diced potatoes, carrots, celery and bay leaves to the slow cooker.
- Pour the broth mixture in the crockpot over the vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Remove the bay leaves before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION