Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious way to use zucchini and yellow squash. You can adjust the seasonings to your own taste, and add salt and pepper, if desired. Be sure to use younger, 5 to 7 inch squash.
- 3 green zucchini
- 3 yellow squash
- 1 large onion, quartered and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil (or fresh to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- Sautee garlic and onions in butter, until tender.
- Wash and scrub squash. Slice into 1 inch coins. Place in pan with onions and garlic.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Stir, and add spices. Cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes more. Do not overcook.
- Squash should be a little firm. Remove to bowl, sprinkle with cheese.
A meal in itself! Delicious. We had this last night along with some fresh lima beans and baked tomatoes. I made no changes to the ingredients and amounts, but did alter the prep slightly: I sliced the vegetables thinner (1/4") and did not cover the pan, allowing the juices to evaporate somewhat. I upped the heat a bit, which caramelized everything nicely. A true winner!
I really liked this recipe, I'm always trying to find ways to get my little guy to eat veggies. He loved it. I did this recipe on the girll. I have one of those grillers for veggies so they don't fall thru the BBQ grill. I used the same ingrdients but I put olive oil with the mix so the veggies wouldn't stick. Thanks!!
I added a little more garlic and some seasoning salt, but otherwise followed the recipe. The cheese makes a wonderful addition.