Recipe by Always in the kitchen Connie
A delicious way to use zucchini and yellow squash. You can adjust the seasonings to your own taste, and add salt and pepper, if desired. Be sure to use younger, 5 to 7 inch squash.
Top Review by La Dilettante
A meal in itself! Delicious. We had this last night along with some fresh lima beans and baked tomatoes. I made no changes to the ingredients and amounts, but did alter the prep slightly: I sliced the vegetables thinner (1/4") and did not cover the pan, allowing the juices to evaporate somewhat. I upped the heat a bit, which caramelized everything nicely. A true winner!
- 3 green zucchini
- 3 yellow squash
- 1 large onion, quartered and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil (or fresh to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee garlic and onions in butter, until tender.
- Wash and scrub squash. Slice into 1 inch coins. Place in pan with onions and garlic.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Stir, and add spices. Cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes more. Do not overcook.
- Squash should be a little firm. Remove to bowl, sprinkle with cheese.