Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a newspaper clipping (probably The Star Ledger) from Jim Leone, New Brunswick F.D.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs salmon fillets
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 -6 plum tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 lb asparagus, tips only
- 3 -4 tablespoons vodka
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 -8 ounces heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped
- heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat, until almost smoking.
- Add the salmon fillets and sear to brown, about 3 minutes a side.
- Add the onion , plum tomatoes, chives, asparagus tips and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add vodka, tipping the pan toward the flame to ignite. Continue cooking until the flame goes out and the alcohol is burned off.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, grated cheese and enough heavy cream to create a pink sauce.
- Cook an additional 1-2 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the fish to serving plates and continue cooking and stirring the sauce to thicken if desired.
- Pour sauce over the fish and garnish with fresh parsley.
Really easy recipe. My Vodka did ignite and I had to substitute peas for the asparagus spears. I also forgot the Parmasean cheese. But it was excellent, even with these minor alterations.