Recipe by breezermom
This is a great recipe to take to a potluck! A different type of salad, using spaghetti noodles! This recipe originated in Clarksdale, Mississippi and came from a cookbook titled "Family Secrets....the Best of the Delta". It has lots of ingredients, but there is nothing hard about the recipe. Try it!
Top Review by DailyInspiration
This is a very delicious pasta salad. I used cubed cheeses and ham and then sliced the salami. I did leave out the green bell pepper and replaced it with roasted red bell peppers instead. I added all the other goodies as indicated. I did use less oil and used red wine vinegar vs. white (just our preference). This is a perfect salad for picnics, potlucks and any time you're in the mood for a really wonderful and filling salad.
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, coarsely shredded (4 oz)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, coarsely shredded (4 oz)
- 1⁄3 lb cooked ham, thinly sliced and cut into strips
- 1⁄3 lb salami, thinly sliced and cut into strips
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup onion, grated
- hot sauce
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine artichoke hearts, green pepper, cheeses, ham, salami, onion, and salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste. Set mixture aside.
- Break spaghetti into pieces to make it easier to eat in a salad. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain well. Add spaghetti to artichoke mixture.
- Mix the dressing: Combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, basil, oregano, and 1/4 tsp pepper in a jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- Pour the dressing over the spaghetti and artichoke mixture. Toss gently to combine.