photo by I Cook Therefore I
- Ready In:
- 4 cups cooked pasta, drained and rinsed in cold water (I like the multi-color variety for visual effect)
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup sweet corn (frozen or canned)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2⁄3 cup picante sauce or 2/3 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- In salad bowl, combine pasta, onions, tomato, chilies, corn, cilantro, lime juice, salsa, and olives.
- Stir to blend.
- Add enough mayo to coat ingredients.
- Refrigerate a couple of hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I found this while I was looking for a recipe to take to a work picnic. I really didn't know how I was going to feel about mayo and salsa together, but I thought this looked so easy cheap and quick that I couldn't pass it up, and I'm really glad I didn't! I got a lot of compliments, and I'm glad that I set some back for us to eat at home because we really enjoyed this! Thanks for posting!
This was a delicious alternative to the old fashioned pasta salad. I made it to bring on vacation with a crowd and it recieved rave reviews. The first time I made it I measured everything exactly but after that I realized it's a very easy recipe to just "wing". You can't make a wrong move here. The tastes are Mexican but very subtle. ENJOY!
see 1 more reviews