Ranch Picnic Pasta Salad
photo by limeandspoontt
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta (break in half) or (12 -16 ounce) package tri-color spiral pasta
- 4 firm ripe seeded diced tomatoes
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled pulp removed and diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 (1 ounce) packages hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix (prepared as directed on package only using half the oil called for)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Prepare Italian dressing mix according to directions (but using about 1/2 the oil called for).
- Mix Ranch dressing with vinegar and oil.
- Drain pasta well and rinse with cold water, drain well again.
- Place all ingredients into large bowl and toss well.
- Refrigerate 12 hours.
- Toss before serving.
- **Can use 1/2 of a green, yellow, and orange bell pepper to add more color.
- You can add other raw hard vegetables such as julienne carrots, blanched asparagus, sliced radish, anything you like.
Questions & Replies
I don't think the nutrition information could possibly be correct. With all of the ranch and Italian dressing packets, which are extremely high in sodium, it just co I don't think the sodium count could possibly be as low as the nutrition information states, since the ranch and Italian dressing packets are extremely high in sodium. Does that need to be corrected?
This tasty and attractive salad was my contribution to our recent family reunion. I added a half pound each cubed Genoa Salami & cubed Provolone. Three packets of Ranch Dressing felt like too much, so I halved it to 1 1/2 packets. I put everything together the night before using 3/4s the total amount of dressing. The next day the salad was still nice & moist, so I left off the remaining portion of dressing. Thank you for sharing a great salad recipe!
This was good, but not my favorite. I cut way down on the oil, and I still felt it was pretty oily. I thought it could have used more veggies in proportion to how much pasta there was. The flavor of the dressing was tasty, but I guess I was expecting to be like, "WOW!" when I tasted it--and that wasn't my reaction. I'm not sure if I will make this again, without some serious modifications.
see 45 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
SAHM enjoy collecting and trying different recipes. I prefer to give honest reviews for items I have tried. if I make changes I note them in the review.