Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Pasta salad Italian style. Cooking time includes time to marinate.
- 1 lb tri-color spiral pasta, cooked
- 1⁄2 lb cubed ham
- 1⁄2 lb cubed salami
- 1⁄2 lb cubed provolone cheese
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- Combine pasta, meats, cheeses, and vegetables with dressing.
- Let marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours.
- If it seems too dry add more Italian dressing.
- Add tomatoes just before serving if desired.
- Serve chilled.
I have to give 5 stars for a salad recipe that my DH will eat. He won't eat mayo.......but likes Italian dressing, so he devoured this. I substituted a couple of items (personal preferences) like cubed cheddar and pepperjack cheese instead of provolone. I added a diced jalepeno to the peppers listed, and also some black sliced olives with the green. This makes a very large bowl of salad, so we will enjoy this for another couple of days. Just delicious.......and so much better than the store deli's version. Donna June 2010, I made this again today and used the new little mini-rounds of pepperoni instead of the ham...SO GOOD.
I make this salad all the time in the summer and it never lasts long! I do make a few changes, I omit the olives and ham and add diced zuchinni and a dash of sugar. The pasta does seem to absorb the dressing so just be sure to add a little at a time and check it after it's been refrigerated for a few hours. You may need to add a little more and give it a quick stir before serving. This is one of my family's favorites. Easy and delicious!