American - Italian Pasta Salad
From recipesitalian.com.Let it sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package fusilli
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 2 (2 ounce) cans sliced black olives
- 1 cup cubed genoa salami
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
- In a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, milk and Italian dressing mix. Whisk together until smooth, set aside. In a large salad bowl combine cooked and cooled pasta, peas, olives, salami, green onions, celery and parsley.
- Mix in dressing last, reserving 1/2 cup.
- Let sit over night in fridge. Stir before serving.
- Add extra dressing if pasta appears dry.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Outstanding! And that's from a person who has never liked pasta salads in her life!! I only made the recipe bkz my husband and son love it, so thought I'd give it a go since his parents were visiting. Everyone raved about it and my husband said it just may be the best pasta salad he's ever had. It made a HUGE amount, perfect for a potluck, but consider making half if there are four or less. One note, I did not reserve any dressing... just dumped everything together and it was perfect. :)
This made a good pasta salad dish. It was pretty much a little of this and a little of that from various pasta salads that I have made in the past. I made half a recipe using the entire package of Italian seasoning mix and it worked out well. I didn't let it sit overnight in the refrigerator because I wanted to eat it today for dinner (about 6 hours) and the flavor was good. I made sure I used fresh parsley, which I will be adding to my other pasta salads.
Perfection, whether American, Australian, or Romanian. Loved this, let it sit overnight, and all the herbs and spices just blended together perfectly! I really suggest using the fresh parsley, this gives it such a nice fresh taste. I threw a couple of shredded carrots in too. That is the only change. Will be making this for many picnics this coming summer. Thank you so much! Made for *Herb and Spice Thread* French Forum March 2010