Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
In Ireland, this dish is called a coddle. The ingredients are basic but the end result is a meal that will warm you and fill you from head to toe.
- Place the onions and potatoes in a large saucepan.
- Cut the bacon into pieces and add it too.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cold water and lay the sausages on top.
- Place the pan over a high heat and bring to a boil.
- Dissolve the stock cube in the water.
- Lower the heat once it comes to a boil, taking the water down to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, increase the heat and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add in the frozen peas, parsley and any more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve in soup bowls, with a knob of butter on top if you like to make the sauce richer and mash into the potatoes as you're eating.