Barbecued Irish Sausages With Tomato Relish
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a really useful relish to keep in the fridge.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb sausage, 4 jumbo
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 chili pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
To prepare sausages:
- Simmer the sausages for 2- 3 mins in boiling water, well in advance of the barbecue, this will get rid of excess fat and reduce flare-ups.
- Simmer all the ingredients over a low heat for 20 - 30 mins., stirring on occasion. Season to taste.
- Grill the sausage for 5 - 6 mins each side and serve with the relish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION