White Bean Pate with Tomato Relish
photo by vrvrvr
- Ready In:
- baguette, sliced and toasted
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
White Bean Pate
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini (white kidney beans)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oriental sesame oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Stir ingredients for tomato relish together.
- Season with pepper, stir occasionally.
- In blender, combine beans, oil, thyme, lemon peel, lemon juice, garlic and salt.
- Whirl til smooth.
- Spoon bean pate into serving crock, or serve pate on toasts with relish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Followed this exactly and it made a very tasty, interesting addition to a healthy dinner. Yum! The raw garlic in there gives it a great zing, and the tomato relish is complex and pleasing. It's a pretty dish and enticed my older kids to give it a try, and they loved it. I wouldn't change anything about this recipe. I had plenty of toppings for 18 slices of baguette. I'll plan to use the leftover bean pate on crackers for a great snack. For the bread, I sliced it, brushed lightly with olive oil and crisped in the oven before spreading the pate and relish over the top. The bread held up well and did not become soft during our meal. This is a fun recipe!