Recipe by SBMo3BB
I found this recipe in "Moosewood Cookbook" by Mollie Katzen. It is SO good. It has so many different ingredients that blend together perfectly.
Top Review by BoxerRebellion
This is very good! I love the combination of flavors and the crunchy texture. I did find it to be really oily for my liking, I think next time I will cut way back on the peanut oil. Thanks for posting!
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄3 cup peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cashew pieces
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup water chestnut, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cooked rice into a large bowl.
- Add the peanut oil, sesame oil, orange juice, garlic, cayenne pepper, soy sauce, salt, cider vinegar, and pineapple and mix well.
- Mix in the green onions, celery, sprouts, raisins, peanuts, cashews, sesame seeds, peppers, and water chestnuts.
- Allow to chill and marinate.
- Usually I can only wait an hour or so before I dig in!