Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in "Moosewood Cookbook" by Mollie Katzen. It is SO good. It has so many different ingredients that blend together perfectly.
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄3 cup peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cashew pieces
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup water chestnut, minced
- Put cooked rice into a large bowl.
- Add the peanut oil, sesame oil, orange juice, garlic, cayenne pepper, soy sauce, salt, cider vinegar, and pineapple and mix well.
- Mix in the green onions, celery, sprouts, raisins, peanuts, cashews, sesame seeds, peppers, and water chestnuts.
- Allow to chill and marinate.
- Usually I can only wait an hour or so before I dig in!
This is very good! I love the combination of flavors and the crunchy texture. I did find it to be really oily for my liking, I think next time I will cut way back on the peanut oil. Thanks for posting!