Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
With only a few steps to cooking this is a simple and interesting way to cook liver, so good for you.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs liver
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 fresh red chile, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- Heat oil in a pot and fry the onions till tender, add the lemon rind, garlic and spices, stir well and add the chilli and diced pepper, cook for 3 minutes.
- Slice the liver into 1" strips and add to the pot fry for two mins . . Crumble the stock cube into the water and add to the pot with the coconut milk. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins with the pot covered.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with boiled rice and a vegetable curry.