Recipe by Babs7
My friend Robyn gave me this recipe a few years back. They're excellent to bring to holiday gatherings.
Top Review by Gunslinger's Wife
This is a decadent dessert in a diet-friendly size (but try eating just one)! We loved this recipe, especially my husband. I used a chocolate cake mix and decided to leave off the cherries. I was also out of sour cream, so I left off the topping. I have only one regular-size muffin tin, so I used a min-muffin tin for the remaining mixture, baking that tin just over 10 minutes. Next time I'll make sure I have sour cream for the topping (and a second regular-sized muffin tin). I also think I'll make the chocolate crust and top with a little orange marmelade.
- 510.29 g boxduncun hines moist deluxe yellow cake mix or 510.29 g box devil's food cake mix
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 295.73 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 595.33 g can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place 2 1/2 inch paper or foil liners in 24 muffin cups.
- For crust, combine dry cake mix and melted butter in large bowl.
- Beat at a low speed with an electric mixer for one minute (mixture will be crumbly).
- Divide mixture evenly in muffin cups (level but do not press).
- For filling, combine cream cheese, eggs, 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla extract in a medium bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- spoon evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until mixture is set.
- For topping, combine sour cream and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl.
- Spoon evenly over cheesecakes.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Garnish each cheesecake with cherry pie filling.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.