Bacon & Sun-Dried Tomato Rolls
photo by BonusMeals
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups wholemeal bread flour
- 2 cups white bread flour
- 3⁄4 - 1 teaspoon instant dried yeast (for bread makers)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 100 -150 g smoked bacon (smoked cooking bacon, finely diced)
- 4 -6 sun-dried tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 small onions (finely diced) or 2 shallots (finely diced)
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes, bacon, onions and oregano in a frying pan. Depending on the amount of residual oil from the tomatoes and the amount of fat on the bacon, add 1-2 Tbsp of oil to the pan and fry gently until lightly browned. Add to the bread tin.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the following order; tomatoe puree, milk, water, sugar, wholemeal & white bread flours and finally the dried yeast.
- Run your breadmaker on the dough setting.
- Meanwhile, grease a baking sheet with butter and pre-heat the oven to 40-50°C.
- When the dough is ready, cut into 12 equal portions and place on the baking sheet. (If the dough is sticky, knead in some extra flour).
- Place the rolls in the warmed oven for about ~20 minutes for a 2nd rising.
- Turn the oven up to 200C and bake for 15 minutes, turning once half way through (no need to wait for the oven to get up to temperature).
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling tray.
- Cut open, spread with unsalted butter and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I work in IT, but I love to spend quality time gubbinising in the kitchen. Middle Eastern, Indian, Thai, English, Spanish, Italian, Bavarian, home curing bacon, home made sausages, breads. Always good to be trying something new and generally over-catering...