Bacon, Lettuce and Sun-Dried Tomato Salad
- Ready In:
- 10 -12 slices bacon, diced
- 7 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced lengthwise into strips
- 8 cups salad greens (use any combination...I use arugula, spring mix, baby spinach and romaine)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped (6 to 8 onions)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 large eggs, hardboiled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium high heat. Remove the pieces with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper toweling.
- Remove the sun-dried tomatoes from the oil. Reserve the oil for another use.
- Combine the salad greens and herbs in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the red wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Peel and finely chopped the hardboiled eggs.
- Toss the lettuce with enough dressing to just coat the leaves. Toss with the bacon and sun-dried tomatoes. Garnish with the chopped egg. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!