Sun-Dried Tomato & Bean Salad
photo by Bev I Am
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can white kidney beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Rinse and drain all beans & peas.
- Drain tomatoes and reserve oil.
- Place 1/4 cup of the reserved oil into a medium bowl. Add vinegar, sugar, salt, dry mustard, and pepper. Whisk well, set aside.
- In large serving bowl, combine chopped tomatoes, parsley, basil, all beans, peas, and onion. Mix gently.
- Pour vinegar mixture over beans, and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill overnight.
I have made this recipe three times to date and I will continue to make it because beans are so healthy for you. My Colorado family like beans very much and I stay with them when I get the chance to go. I first made this for them but now I make it for myself. I eat it right away with out the overnight rest for flavor and it is better then it is not necessary. The sun-dried tomato add just a little sweet, smokey flavor I just loved. Great recipe!
see 2 more reviews
Incredible Bean Salad!! I used fresh basil and parsley from my garden, I substituted pinto beans for the white kidney (none on hand), and I drained all the canned vegetables and rinsed them before adding them to the dressing. This salad is just over the top! I love it and will make it a regular addition to my summer menu!! Thank you, Kizzikate!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I've been a member since 2007, when I stumbled across RecipeZaar while surfing recipes. I've been hooked ever since!</p> 111463070"