Recipe by ConvivialJen
I found this in Family Circle August 2006 by Jackie Mills. I made some changes due to what I had on hand. I served this over rice cooked in chicken broth. My BF groaned and said.."Oh honey, this is a keeper"
Top Review by AzSharouk
I made this in one foil packet, had the peppers and peaches toping 4 chicken tenders and it turned out wonderful. I didnt use curry and used less salt, but I did add a small amount of black pepper, nutmeg and paprika. Very delicious! And perfect for summertime. The leftovers were even better! beyond yummy!
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (I used 2tsp)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander (I used 2tp)
- 1 teaspoon salt (I used 2tsp, I also used 2 tsp mild curry)
- 4 teaspoons canola oil (I used 8 tsp "Carotino" cooking oil, it's ablend of canola oil and palm fruit oil)
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger (I used 6 tsp "Garden Gourmet" fresh ginger paste)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken cutlets (I used split chicken breasts with skin removed)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (I used 4 tbs bottled key lime juice)
- 2 large peaches, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/8-inch thick quarter moons
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre charcoal grill with medium-hot coals or heat gas grill to medium-high. ( I used a 450 degree oven.
- Using 12" wide heavy duty aluminium foil, cut into 4 pieces 32" long; fold each piece in half to make a 16 x 12" rectangle. Generously coat foil pieces with non stick cooking spray. (Oops, missed this step, it didn't seem to need it).
- In a large bowl, stir together cumin, coriander, salt, (curry), oil and grated ginger. Rub half this mixture over chicken; set aside. Stir lime juice into remaining mix. Add peaches, sweet potatoes, peppers and scallions; toss to coat completely. Evenly place peach mixture on one half each foil piece. Top each with seasoned chicken.
- Create a packet: Fold second half of foil over chicken and vegetables. Tightly seal sides and front edges, leaving space for steam to build.
- Place foil packets on grill rack: grill 25 minutes. Open packets carefully; transfer contents to 4 servng plates.
- Packets can be baked at 450 for 25 minutes.