Five-Spices Chicken Wings
photo by I'mPat
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons liquid honey
- Cut the tips of chicken wings and throw them away. Cut the chicken wings in two at the joints.
- In a big bowl, mix remaining ingredients, except the honey.
- Add chicken wings and flip to coat well.
- Cover and let marinate 2 hours in the fridge. (You can do this step one day ahead and cover them. They will be good until the next day).
- Put the barbecue to medium heat.
- Put the chicken wings on a greased grill or in a grill basket.
- Close the cover of barbecue and cook for about 25 minutes or until chicken wings are crispy and juice runs clear when poking with a fork. (MAKE SURE TO FLIP THEM SOMETIMES).
- Baste chicken wings with honey, close cover of barbecue and keep cooking 3 minutes (flip them one time).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have to say that these are my favorite wings in a long time! :-) We really enjoyed the flavor; I think the 5 Spice Powder just kicks these up a notch! I can't wait to share these with my friends; I know they will love them too! I did cook mine on an indoor grill, due to weather, and they got a little 'done', but it was fine for us. Thanks for sharing, Boomette! Made for ZWT.
I used just over a kilo of wings between 3 of us (I cut of the tips and froze them later for making stock) and left the other 2 halves intact and baked at 175C fan forced for 45 - 50 minutes, drizzling the honey every 15 minutes and the result was suculant tasty wings. Thank you Boomette, made for Everyday A Holiday.
see 14 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><strong><span>I'm the host of Bargain Basement tag game in the cooking game forum. You're welcome to play anytime. You'll be surprised to find great recipes that were never reviewed. <br /></span></strong></p> <p>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</p> <p><strong><span>I want to say a big thank you to everyone who tries my recipes and post photos. I don't always have the time to say thanks to each of you but be sure it's so appreciated :)</span></strong></p> <p>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</p> <p> </p> <p><img src=http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/zwt6%20banners%20and%20photos/captain.jpg alt=width=150 height=200 /></p> <p><br /><img src=http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/emmyduckie/zwt/ZwizzleBadge.jpg alt=width=200 height=300 /><br /> <br /><a title=banner3 href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/26630178@N05/3510953178></a><img src=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3387/3510953178_b35b3086a8.jpg alt=banner3 width=500 height=250 /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/captain.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> By Brooke The Cook in WI <br /><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><a href=http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?p=3510511#3510511> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /> <br /></a><a title=Photo href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/boomette1/514183676></a><img src=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/252/514183676_f79b486466_m.jpg alt=good width=240 height=137 /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /></p> <p><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/ZTAA-sm.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p> <p><img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/Pets-STKR.jpg alt=width=200 height=200 /></p>