Recipe by Dragonfly AZ
From her show today--essentially a pecan pie filling on top of shortbread crust. She dipped one end of each bar in ganache, but I like it better without
- 2 1⁄4 cups butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups butter
- 1 cup honey
- 3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 lbs pecans, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar in large mixing bowl, until light, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla and mix well.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the batter with the mixer on low speed until just combined.
- Press the dough evenly into an ungreased 18 by 12 by 1-inch baking sheet, making an edge around the outside. It will be very sticky; sprinkle the dough and your hands lightly with flour.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the crust is set but not browned. Allow to cool.
- Combine the butter, honey, brown sugar, and zests in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Cook over low heat until the butter is melted, using a wooden spoon to stir. Raise the heat and boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the heavy cream and pecans.
- Pour over the crust, trying not to get the filling between the crust and the pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold. Cut into bars and serve.