Caramel Pecan Bars
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend together the flour, 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter until particles are fine crumbs.
- Pat into an ungreased 9 X 13 glass pan.
- Spread the pecans over the crust.
- Put the remaining butter (3/4 cup), brown sugar (1/2 cup) and vanilla into a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Bring to a full boil and boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour over the crust and pecans.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove from oven- do not overbake.
- Immediately sprinkle the top with 1 - 2 cups of chocolate chips.
- The amount depends on your preference for chocolate.
- Two cups will give a fairly thick layer.
- When the chips have melted, spread evenly over the crust with a spreader or butter knife.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I actually have the exact same recipe that I clipped from a Penzey's Spice catalog. It suggests cutting these while they're warm, but they come apart, and the crust crumbles. I let them set a good three hours and they are hard to cut, but very good. I likes the sweet from the chocolate, and the salty from the butter.