Divine Banana Cream Nilla Wafer Trifle Dessert
- Ready In:
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 30 vanilla wafers, coarsely crumbled
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (4 ounce) packages banana instant pudding, vanilla flavor may be used if preferred
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- Mix Vanilla Wafers, butter, pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Spread on greased cookie sheet and bake in 350 degree oven for 5 minutes. Stir and bake 3-5 more minutes.
- Mix pudding, milk, and cool whip (note that you are using less milk than you would usually use for 2 pudding boxes).
- Blend sugar, cream cheese, and cool whip.
- Layer crumbly mixture, pudding, bananas, crumbly mixture, pudding, bananas. Top with creamy topping. May be layered in a trifle bowl or in individual cups for easy service at a party or brunch.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a stay at home mom with 4 children. I love discovering great recipes and cooking techniques. Since my 4 children have recently gotten out of the preschool years, I have taken more time to catalog and organize my recipe collection. I appreciate all the wonderful recipes I have found here and the effort to input them. My family and I appreciate the good food that has become part of what we regularly enjoy eating. Besides cooking and taking care of my children and family, I love reading and playing piano. I also love classical guitar, and as my kids grow older, I would like to devote time to learning to play better (I'm really just a beginner). The arts bring me a lot of joy (music, visual, performance, literary, culinary). I also find joy in the beauty that is in the world and nature... I'm fortunate to live close to the beautiful Wasatch Mountains and not too far from many beautiful national parks in the state of Utah. I feel we have a responsibility to reach out and help others, and as a follower of Jesus Christ, I hope to make a positive contribution to my family, local church congregation, neighborhood, community, and to worthy causes that inspire me. I find that many charitable organizations are not giving enough to help the less fortunate or to whatever is their cuase, but I really like The Smile Train, and the programs of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints which are mostly run by volunteers (main humanitarian missions... eyeglasses, clean water , Neonatal Resuscitation, Emergency Response, Wheelchairs, Food Production, and Immunizations). I am very thankful for a good and abundant life and am sad for the great suffering that many people endure in life. I believe in an Eternal equalization or fixing of injustice, and I look forward to the day God will surely make everything right.