photo by Marcasite Queen
- Ready In:
- Heat oven 350F lightly grease bottom and sides of 13X9 pan.
- In large bowl, mix granulated sugar, butter and tsp vanilla. Stir in flour; mix well.
- Press dough in bottom and 1/2” up sides of pan.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Beat brown sugar, corn syrup, tsp vanilla the salt and eggs with spoon.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Loosen edges from sides of pan while war; cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My family and friends love pecan pie bars. I used to use a recipe that had cake mix mixed with butter for the crust, but I didn't like the 'fake' flavor of the yellow cake mix crust. I chose this recipe because it uses real butter for the crust. Only made a small change: I used an extra 1/2 cup of pecans because I prefer a nuttier bar. A tip from my old recipe: line your pan with aluminum foil to overlap all 4 sides by about an inch so that you can easily lift the bars out of the pan to finish cooling. They are much easier to cut and come out neater this way. Plus you don't end up scratching and scoring your baking pan. Thanks for the recipe!
Outstanding! I made them today for my birthday tomorrow, and DH's and my taste test threatened to clear the platter before the birthday even started LOL They are plain wonderful, and my gluten free flour mix worked great for the crust. I reduced the sugar in the crust a bit because we don't like it too sweet, but for the filling I followed the recipe to the letter, and it's so gooey yummy! Thanks for sharing this winner! Will make it again and again.<br/>Made for ZWT 9 / Creole and Cajun for The Apron String Travelers