1/1 Photo of Hot German Potato Salad (Microwave)
From my old tattered and torn GE microwave cookbook, circa 1977. Tried and true well loved recipe at our house!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and pierce potatoes with fork.
- 2Place on paper towel and micro on high 10/12 minutes.
- 3Turn over and rearrange after 4 minutes or until tender.
- 4Remove from micro and cool slightly.
- 5Peel potatoes and slice into 1/8 inch slices for about 4 cups.
- 6Cut bacon in small pieces and place in 2 qt casserole.
- 7Cover with paper towel and micro on high 6 minutes stirring after 3 minutes, until crisp.
- 8Set bacon aside on paper towels to drain.
- 9Stir flour, sugar and seasonings into bacon fat in casserole dish until smooth.
- 10Micro on high 1-2 minutes until bubbly stirring after 1 minute.
- 11Add water and vinegar to flour mixture.
- 12Micro on high 4 minutes until mixture boils and thickens stirring after 1 minute.
- 13Remove from oven and stir until smooth.
- 14Add potatoes and bacon, stirring gently so potatoes hold their shape.
- 15Cover casserole and let stand until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot German Potato Salad (Microwave)
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.6
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.1 mg
- Sodium 1170.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 8.7 g