Recipe by Christmas Carol
Can't go wrong with Betty! Crocker, that is. This is just so delicious that I make it quite often. It's wonderful with pork chops, wienerschnitzel (did I spell that right?), or just by itself. Flavorful with just the right amount of tanginess!
- 680.38 g potatoes, cut into halves
- 3 slice bacon
- 1 medium yellow onions or 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml celery seed
- 0.25 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml water
- 59.14 ml vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 inch salted water (1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup water) to boiling.
- Add potatoes and return to boiling point.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender; drain well.
- Cook bacon in medium skillet until crisp.
- Remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Cook and stir onion in bacon drippings until tender.
- Stir in flour, sugar, salt, celery seed, and pepper.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in water and vinegar.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir for 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Crumble bacon into hot mixture.
- Slice in the warm potatoes.
- Cook, stirring gently, to coat potatoes, until hot and bubbly.