Hot German Wax Bean Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fresh wax beans, about 2 cups (yellow green beans)
- 3 -4 slices bacon, cooked and cut up into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- fresh dill, for garnish (my addition)
- Steam fresh beans in salted water until tender. Drain beans; **reserve** about 3/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Cook bacon until crisp and set aside to drain on paper towel. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat and sauté onion until lightly browned.
- Add bean liquid to pan and cook until liquid has reduced to 1/4 cup. Add next 4 ingredients and the cooked wax beans.
- Heat through and season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh dill.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!