Recipe by Canuck Mum
From a copy-cat site. I haven't tried it yet...if you try it, let me know what you think.
Top Review by wicked cook 46
This was OK for our taste needs a little tweaking but a very nice base recipe. I cut the microwave times in half then threw everything in the food processor to cream it. I think I would of liked some cheddar in the mix with more on top and then heated in the oven. Quick and easy to put together. Definite keeper recipe to play with. Made for PAC Fall 2009
- 1 cup diced artichoke heart (frozen or canned, but not marinated)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the artichoke hearts and spinach in a microwave-safe bowl, and cover it with plastic wrap. Cut a small slit in the plastic to let the steam out, then microwave on high for 4 minutes. Stir, and zap it again for another 2 to 3 minutes or until the artichoke hearts are tender. If you don't want to use a microwave you can also boil the spinach and artichoke hearts in a cup of water in a small saucepan over medium heat until tender, around 10 minutes. Drain in a colander when done.
- Heat the cream cheese in a small bowl in the microwave set on high for 1 minutes. Or, use a saucepan to heat the cheese over medium heat just until hot.
- Add the spinach and artichoke hearts to the cream cheese and stir well.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the cream cheese and combine. Serve warm with crackers, chips, or toasted bread for dipping.
- To make a lighter version, use reduced fat cream cheese.